Man, I ♥ Korean food.. I could probably eat it everyday and not get bored of it.
My mother came up with an amazing recipe for Korean style BBQ beef short ribs. And because I believe that good things are meant to be shared, I’m sharing this recipe here.
Korean style BBQ beef short ribs
- 3 to 4 lbs. beef short ribs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp Korean BBQ sauce**
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce**
- 3/4 tbsp dark soy sauce** (a.k.a. “old soy sauce” as the Chinese call it)
- (Optional ingredients: If you want more flavour and don’t mind having bad breath, you can also add 3 small cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of grated ginger.)
(** Note: You can find these ingredients at pretty much any Asian supermarket.)
Let’s get cookin’
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl to marinate the short ribs for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, grill short ribs for about 1 to 1 1/2 minute on each side.