I often avoid using things such as oil and butter when I cook. The good thing about chicken is that a lot of its natural oils come out when you start cooking it – especially when you’re cooking chicken thighs or wings.
I’ve been cooking chicken a lot lately. I find that it’s really hard to mess up chicken dishes even when you put in very little effort.
I was feeling lazy one evening and created this easy recipe below.
Lemon pepper chicken
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- a bit of parsley (optional)
- Debone the chicken drumsticks and cut the chicken into strips.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and basil for about 30 minutes.
- On medium to medium-high heat, grill the chicken with lemon juice in a skillet for about 10 to 12 minutes. Keep stirring the chicken so it doesn’t burn.
- (Optional) Garnish with a bit of parsley.
I tried this recipe with chicken wings and it was really good too.
TIP: If you plan on using the oilier parts of chicken, such as thighs or wings, I highly recommend using a deep skillet so that you won’t get a lot of oil splattered on you.
And that’s all. 🙂