As soon as I hear any mention of chicken wings, my first reaction is always, “WHERE!?” I probably eat chicken wings way more often than I should, but life is short so do what makes you happy. That said, how about more eating and less talking?
Here’s my recipe for honey garlic chicken wings.
- 12 chicken wings
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp of white wine
- a few drops of sesame oil
- a pinch of pepper
- 3/4 tsp of minced or puréed garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Take the first six ingredients (in green text above), mix them well in a medium bowl, and marinate overnight.
- Lightly grease a large wok and cook the wings on medium-high heat until golden brown. (About 10 to 12 minutes.) Stir often.
- Add garlic and stir well.
- Add soy sauce and stir well.
- Cover wok with a lid, leaving the wok open just a crack. Turn heat down to medium-low and allow the wings to cook for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add honey, stir, and cover again for 5 minutes.
Serve with the remaining sauce drizzled on top of the wings.